Droughts occur when there has not been enough rainfall and the water levels get low, and can increase the risk of other hazards like wildfire, flash floods and possible landslides or debris flows.
Droughts can happen anywhere in the Caribbean region.
Ways to conserve water and avoid drought.
- Don’t pour water down the drain there may be another use for it.
- Listen to the rules from the authorities.
- Take short showers, not baths. Showers use less water.
- Don’t let the water run when you brush your teeth.
- Conservation – Protecting and saving a natural resource, like water.
- Natural Resource – Something we need that comes from nature like tress, water and air.
- Reservoir – A natural or manmade lake that collects and stores water.
Did you know that the water that exist today is the same water that existed a billion years ago! That’s why it is called a limited renewable resource. It’s always traveling through the oceans wherever in the world.