NEVIS DISASTER MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT (NDMD)

Home

Download our official Android or Apple mobile app on your smart phone and tablet for the latest watches and warnings, weather reports, shelters, emergency contacts and tips in the palm of your hand. Simply search for NDMD. Plan! Prepare! Protect!

Today’s Weather: Fri 22nd

weather-sun_rain

Temperature: 25°C/77°F
Humidity: 79%
Winds: East-northeast at 14 – 21mph with some gusts in showers possible.
Seas: 1.8 to 2.4m or 6 to 8ft with northerly swells up to 1.8 m or 6ft breaking on the islands’ shores. Small craft and high surf advisories are in effect.
Sunset: Today 6:14 pm
Sunrise: Tomorrow 6:33 am
Today’s Forecast (7 am):  Cloudy with a 70 percent or high chance of mainly light showers. Weather tonight: Partly cloudy with a 30 percent or low chance of showers…Full Details

Events & Notices

May 27 – June 1, 2019: Understanding Risk (UR) Caribbean Conference in Barbados.

URCaribbeanConference2019-2

Climate Center

CDPMN Caribbean Drought Bulletin – February 2019

EXCERPT

Since December, many parts of the Caribbean have become drier. Major concerns exist in the southern Caribbean, including from northern Guyana to Barbados and west to the ABC Islands for short term drought that can impact small rivers, streams and ponds, by the end of…read bulletin

Climate Center

CariCOF Caribbean Climate Outlooks: February 2019 to July 2019

EXCERPT

Summary for the upcoming 3-month period, February 2019 to April 2019:  “With weak El Niño conditions forecast to persist, chances of drought and recurrent dry spells during the peak of the dry season are increased. That said, region-wide, extreme drought is…review bulletins

Know Your Shelter!

You may need to head to a shelter because of a hazard or disaster. Learn more about shelter locations, managers, capacities, etc. Do you live in St. Paul’s parish? Do you live in St. John’s parish? Do you live in St. James’ parish? Do you live in St. George’s parish? Do you live in St. Thomas’ parish?